This post contains a list of baby items from A to Z along with PDF download.
Disclosure: Some of the links below are affiliate links. This means that, at zero cost to you, I will earn an affiliate commission if you click through the link and finalize a purchase.
Baby Items A-Z
Baby Items That Start With A
1. Activity gym – a play mat designed for infants to stimulate their senses and encourage their physical development.
2. Antibacterial wipes – pre-moistened cloths that are designed for disinfecting and cleaning surfaces.
3. Adapter for car seat – connects a baby’s car seat to a stroller to easily transfer their child from a car into a stroller. Depending on the brand of your car seat and stroller, you may need to purchase a specific adapter that is designed to work with both products.
4. Alphabet book – a book that introduces the letters of the alphabet through colorful and engaging illustrations.
Baby Items That Start With B
1. Baby bottles – containers designed to hold milk or formula for infants who are not yet able to drink from a cup.
2. Bibs – clothing items designed to protect clothing from stains and spills, particularly during meals.
3. Blankets – often used to keep babies warm and comfortable, and can also be used as a swaddle to help newborns feel secure.
4. Booties – small soft shoes that are designed to keep a baby’s feet warm and protected.
5. Bath toys – water-resistant and safe toys that can be played with in the bathtub.
6. Breast pump – a device that helps extract milk from lactating women’s breasts. They work by creating suction to stimulate the milk letdown reflex and draw out milk from the breast into a container for later use.
7. Bouncer – a special seat designed for infants that allows them to bounce up and down with their own movements.
8. Baby food blender – a kitchen appliance designed specifically to make smooth purees and soft foods suitable for infants and young children.
9. Baby monitor – a device that allows parents or caregivers to remotely listen to or observe their baby while they are sleeping or playing in another room.
10. Burp cloths – a type of cloth used by parents or caregivers to clean up any milk or spit-up that may come out of a baby’s mouth when they burp.
11. Bassinet – a small bed or cradle designed for newborns and young infants.
12. Baby powder – a type of talcum powder that is commonly used on infants and toddlers to help absorb moisture and prevent diaper rash.
13. Bottle warmer – a device used to warm baby bottles, breast milk, or other liquids to a desired temperature for feeding.
Baby Items That Start With C
1. Crib – a small bed designed for infants and young children.
2. Car seat – a type of seat designed specifically to protect children during vehicle collisions.
3. Changing table – a piece of furniture designed for infants and young children to be changed or dressed on.
4. Clothing – often includes items such as onesies, bodysuits, rompers, sleepwear, socks, hats, and jackets.
5. Carrier – a type of gear designed to support and hold a baby close to a caregiver’s body. It is used to transport an infant or toddler hands-free.
6. Co-sleeper – a type of baby bed specifically designed to be placed next to a parent’s bed, allowing the baby to sleep in close proximity to the parents but in his or her own separate sleeping space.
Related: Best 7 Pregnancy Self Care Products
Baby Items That Start With D
1. Diapers – There are disposable diapers made from a combination of plastic, paper, and absorbent materials like SAP (super absorbent polymer), and cloth diapers made from natural fibers like cotton or bamboo that can be washed and reused.
2. Diaper bag – a special type of bag designed to carry all the essential items needed for a baby or toddler, such as diapers, wipes, bottles, formula, extra clothing, and other supplies.
3. Diaper cream – a medicated ointment or lotion used to soothe and protect the skin of babies from diaper rashes.
4. Diaper pail – a container designed to hold soiled diapers until they can be disposed of properly. It helps to keep your home clean and free from bad odors while providing an easy and convenient way to dispose of used diapers.
Baby Items That Start With E
1. Exersaucer – a stationary activity center designed for infants and young children designed to help babies develop their motor skills, cognitive abilities, and senses while also keeping them safe and contained in one place.
2. Easy Grip Nail Scissors – a type of scissors designed to safely and easily trim the nails of infants or young children.
Related: How To Use A Pregnancy Pillow?
Baby Items That Start With F
1. Formula – A mixture of milk or milk substitutes, along with vitamins and minerals, that is used as a substitute for breast milk for infants.
2. Foldable stroller – A type of baby carriage or pram that can be easily collapsed or folded up for storage or transportation.
3. Finger toothbrush (for cleaning baby’s teeth) – A small brush that fits over the finger and is used to gently clean a baby’s gums and teeth.
4. First Aid Kit – A collection of basic medical supplies and equipment, such as bandages, antiseptics, pain relievers, and other items used to treat minor injuries or illnesses.
5. Feeding utensils – Tools used to feed babies and young children, such as bottles, sippy cups, spoons, and forks.
6. Fence – A barrier or enclosure used for safety and security purposes, such as preventing young children from accessing dangerous areas or limiting their movement within a specific area.
Baby Items That Start With G
1. Guardrail for a crib – a safety accessory that attaches to the side of the crib to prevent babies from falling or rolling out of the crib.
2. Gas relief drops – an over-the-counter medication used to relieve gastrointestinal discomfort in infants, such as gas, bloating, and colic.
3. Grooming kit – usually includes a nail clipper, hairbrush, comb, and other items to keep a baby’s nails trimmed and their hair looking neat.
4. Glider – a type of comfortable chair designed for nursing mothers or anyone who wants to rock back and forth while holding a baby.
Baby Items That Start With H
1. High chair – a chair specially designed for babies and toddlers to sit in while they are eating. It usually has a tray table attached to the front and a stable base with adjustable height.
2. Hooded towel – is used to dry and wrap the baby after bath time, providing extra warmth and comfort.
3. Humidifier – adds moisture to the air in a room to increase the humidity level to prevent dry skin, nasal congestion, and other respiratory problems.
4. Head support pillow – a small cushion designed to fit around a baby’s head and neck during car travel or stroller rides.
Baby Items That Start With I
1. Interactive baby toys – promote active engagement and learning through sensory stimulation, movement, and sound. These toys can include objects that light up, make noise, or respond to touch or movement.
2. Insect repellent – a substance applied to the skin or clothing to deter insects from biting or landing on a person.
Related: Best 10 Pregnancy Books For Dads
Baby Items That Start With J
1. Jacket for cold weather – should have features such as insulation, a hood, and secure closures to keep the cold air out.
Baby Items That Start With K
1. Keepsake box – a decorative container used to store or preserve mementos, memorabilia, or sentimental items such as photographs, letters, or small trinkets that hold special memories for a person or family.
2. Knit plush – a soft and cuddly toy made from knitted materials such as yarn, wool or cotton.
Baby Items That Start With L
1. Lullaby music player – a device that plays soft and soothing music for babies to help them fall asleep or calm down.
2. Lotion – a moisturizing cream or ointment used to hydrate and soften dry skin.
3. Lactation cookies (for nursing mothers) – cookies that contain ingredients believed to promote lactation in nursing mothers. They typically contain ingredients like oats, brewer’s yeast, flaxseed, and fenugreek.
4. Leak-proof sippy cups – cups designed for toddlers and young children that are spill-proof and leak-proof.
Baby Items That Start With M
1. Mobile – a decorative hanging toy that typically hangs above a crib.
2. Monitor – a device that allows parents to monitor their baby’s movements and sounds from another room.
3. Muslin blanket – a lightweight and breathable fabric often used as a swaddle or a receiving blanket.
4. Moccasins – soft, flexible shoes for infants.
5. Mittens – gloves designed for infants to prevent them from scratching themselves.
6. Milestone cards – cards used to document important milestones during a baby’s development.
Related: Top 17 Questions To Ask A Doula
Baby Items That Start With N
1. Nursing Pillow – a soft cushion used by new mothers to support their baby while breastfeeding or bottle-feeding.
2. Nursing Cover – a piece of cloth worn by nursing mothers to cover their breasts while breastfeeding in public.
3. Nasal Aspirator – a device used to remove excess mucus from the nose of a baby or young child.
4. Night Light – a small lighting device designed to provide a soft, soothing glow in a dark room.
Baby Items That Start With O
1. Onesies – one-piece bodysuit for infants
2. Organic baby oil – natural oil used for moisturizing baby’s delicate skin
Baby Items That Start With P
1. Pacifier – a small, curved, and nipple-shaped device made of rubber or silicone that is given to babies to suck on to soothe them. It is also known as a dummy, binky, or soother.
2. Potty chair – a small plastic or wooden chair designed for toddlers to use when learning how to use the toilet. It typically has a removable bowl or bucket that can be easily cleaned after use.
Related: Best +30 Birth Affirmations
Baby Items That Start With Q
1. Quilt– a warm blanket that is often used for infants.
Related: 10 Tips For Successful Breastfeeding
Baby Items That Start With R
1. Rattle – a small toy that makes noise when shaken or rattled, often used to entertain babies.
2. Receiving blankets – lightweight and soft blankets used to wrap newborn babies to keep them warm and snuggly.
3. Reading books – books with engaging pictures and stories suited for young children, to encourage early literacy and development.
7. Reducing cushion – an additional cushioning device for car seats that can help provide support and comfort for infants and young children, as well as enhance their safety in the event of sudden stops or accidents.
Baby Items That Start With S
1. Stroller – a baby carriage or a wheeled chair used to transport an infant or toddler comfortably from one place to another.
2. Swaddle Blankets – a soft, lightweight and breathable cloth designed to wrap or swaddle a newborn or young child securely to promote calmness and sleep. It can help to mimic the cozy, snug feeling of being in the womb, and provides warmth and comfort.
3. Sound Machine – a device that plays soothing sounds such as white noise, ocean waves, birds, or lullabies to help create a peaceful and calming environment for a baby or young child.
4. Sleep Sack – also known as a wearable blanket or a sleeping bag, is a type of clothing worn by babies and young children to keep them warm while sleeping.
Baby Items That Start With T
1. Teething toys – soft rubber or silicone toys that babies can chew to soothe their gums during the teething process.
2. Toddler bed – a small bed that is designed for children who have outgrown their cribs and are transitioning from sleeping in the crib to sleeping in a regular-sized bed.
3. Tub toys for bath time – toys made specifically for bath time play, typically waterproof and designed to float or squirt water.
4. Tummy time mat – a soft, cushioned mat designed to encourage babies to spend time lying on their stomachs to help strengthen neck and back muscles.
5. Thermometer – a device used to measure body temperature in infants, typically through the ear or forehead.
6. Toys – playthings designed to entertain and stimulate babies, typically made of soft materials or plastic.
7. Teddy Bear – a stuffed animal toy that typically resembles a bear, often given as a comfort object or as a gift for infants and young children.
Baby Items That Start With U
1. Undershirts – clothing items that are worn underneath the baby’s main outfit to provide an extra layer of warmth and protection to their delicate skin.
2. UVI sterilizer – a device used to eliminate bacteria, viruses, and other harmful microorganisms from baby items such as bottles, pacifiers, and toys.
Baby Items That Start With V
1. Vests – garment that covers the upper part of a baby’s body, and is often worn as a base layer under other clothing to keep the baby warm.
2. Vitamin drops for infants – a dietary supplement for infants containing essential vitamins and minerals that may not be present in sufficient quantities in breast milk or formula.
3. Vaporizer (for colds and congestion) – a device that releases steam or mist into the air to help alleviate respiratory symptoms caused by colds, allergies, or other conditions.
Baby Items That Start With W
1. Walker – a wheeled device that helps babies who are learning to walk move around independently while providing some stability and support.
2. Wipes – pre-moistened disposable cloths or towelettes used for cleaning a baby’s skin during diaper changes or to clean up after feeding or playtime.
3. Waterproof mattress pad – a protective layer that is placed on top of a baby’s mattress to prevent leaks and spills from reaching the mattress and potentially causing damage or creating a breeding ground for bacteria and odors.
4. White noise machine – a device that plays soothing sounds in the background, designed to help calm and comfort babies who may be restless or have difficulty falling asleep.
Related: How To Massage Engorged Breasts?
Baby Items That Start With X
1. Xylophone – a musical instrument designed for infants and young children. It consists of a series of wooden bars that are struck with mallets to produce musical notes.
Baby Items That Start With Y
1. Yogurt melts – a convenient and healthy snack option made from yogurt that has been frozen into bite-size pieces. They are designed to dissolve easily in a baby’s mouth, making them a safe and easy-to-eat finger food for infants who are just starting to explore solid foods.
Baby Items That Start With Z
1. Zip-up sleepers – onesies with a zipper closure instead of snaps, making diaper changes easier.
Baby Items A-Z PDF Download
Baby-proofing is an important part of ensuring your child’s safety at home. Here are some steps you can take:
1. Install safety gates at the top and bottom of stairs to prevent falls.
2. Use socket covers to prevent access to electrical outlets.
3. Move breakable items and hazardous materials (such as cleaning supplies) out of reach or locked cabinets.
4. Cover sharp corners on furniture with corner protectors to prevent injuries.
5. Install door stoppers to prevent fingers from getting caught in doors.
6. Secure large furniture (such as bookshelves) to the wall to prevent tipping.
7. Keep blinds cords out of reach or use cordless blinds to prevent strangulation.
8. Place non-slip mats in the bathtub and shower to prevent slips and falls.
9. Keep small objects (such as coins and small toys) out of reach to prevent choking hazards.
10. Always supervise your child and never leave them unattended.